We work almost exclusively with FileMaker because it offers best in class solutions at a reasonable cost for clients. Specifically,
- FileMaker is actually an application platform not just a database like SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle. This means that all of your screens, workflow rules, code, reports, security and authentication are available in a single technology!
- Compared to Microsoft’s Access, FileMaker is far superior in user interface, security, hosting, scaling, and backup capabilities.
- FileMaker works seamlessly on both Mac and Windows platforms.
- Its mobile version – FileMaker Go – allows you to connect to your applications via iPad and iPhone.
For work groups in large organizations, there’s no better tool to connect users to enterprise systems at a cost, speed, and level of customization that other technologies can’t match.
- FileMaker “speaks” XML, ODBC, JDBC, PHP and web services
- Has encrypted communications
- Authenticates via Active Directory
- Can connect directly to SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle
- Has a large variety of options for exporting and importing data.
For small to medium size organizations and non-profits, who can’t afford or don’t need enterprise level systems, FileMaker offers all the tools at a fraction of the cost, custom fit to your organization, to make you as efficient as you can be.
FileMaker Certification is Important
All of Silver Lake’s developers are certified FileMaker developers.
Certification ensures we are constantly learning new ways to provide value to our clients. Combined with our experience, certification demonstrates our commitment to excellence and state of the art solutions.
As FileMaker certified developers, we are vetted members of the FileMaker Business Alliance and have earned the only credential sponsored by FileMaker, Inc.
If you’re new to FileMaker, visit their website for more information.
Links to popular topics in the FileMaker Knowledge Base: